Library Olympic challenge
What would you award a Gold medal to in the Library - a special space, service or collection?
To share in the Olympic spirit we want you to post to Instagram a Library space, service or collection that you would award a Gold medal. Get creative. It could be a video or photo. Upload it to Instagram and tag with #UONLibrarygoldmedal for your chance to win a $50 voucher.
We will post all entries on this page. *remember to make your pictures public
Winners drawn 2nd September 2016. So get snapping!
Terms and conditions - updated
- By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions to participate in the "Library Olympic challenge" Instagram Competition and Instagram's general terms of service.
- The promoter is University Library, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308
- The competition Entrant is the person using the Instagram account.
- The competition commences 5:00am, Monday 1st August 2016 and concludes at Midnight, 1st September, 2016.
- Entries must be uploaded to Instagram before Midnight 1st September, 2016 to be eligible. The Library reserves the right to accept, reject or refuse an entry at any time. The Library does not accept responsibility for late or misdirected entries.
- The Library may vary the terms and conditions of this competition at any time at its absolute discretion.
- Entrants must include the hashtag #UONLibrarygoldmedal in order to be in the draw to win and have made your photo set to public for viewing.
- Entrants may choose to include their contact email address in the comments to help UoN Library notify them should they win.
- Entrants may upload as many photos as they please.
- If a photograph entered in the competition includes a close up image of a person other than the photographer, the photographer must guarantee that he or she has obtained all necessary permissions from that other person for the image to be used in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Photos will be judged on the following criteria: (a) appeal of the composition and subject matter; (b) interpretation of the theme: UON Library Olympic challenge
- The winner will receive prize notification via email and/or phone call if provided, or by a comment left on their photo in the Instagram application.
- The winner will be drawn 2nd September 2016 at the Auchmuty Library and will be announced the same day. The winner has 7 days to contact UoN Library to claim the prize.
- The competition is for 1 major prize $50 voucher.
- Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.