What to do and bring

A checklist of things to do and bring before you leave home

Passport and visa
Check that your passport is valid for at least 6 months prior to your entry arrival in Australia, and that you have all your visa documentation. It is also a good idea to make copies of your passport in case you lose your passport.
Arrange for immunisations and/or medication from your doctor. Have your eyes tested and a dental check-up.
Student enrolment and orientation information
You will need to bring your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE). You will be sent enrolment and orientation information from the International Office approximately one month prior to your commencement at the University.
Personal documents
Certified copies of your qualifications and certificates, ID cards, Drivers License, Birth Certificate (or certified copy).
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
This is a requirement for entry to Australia, so make sure you have your health cover policy arranged before you leave home.

If you elect to use the University Health Cover Provider, your OSHC will be provided by Allianz Global Assistance. This will be detailed on your eCoE.
Travel insurance
You should also consider travel insurance, which covers things your OSHC may not – such as cancelled flights, lost documents, dental or optical care, etc.
Make sure you are aware of the date and time of your flight. Keep your flight details in a safe and secure place, with your passport and visa.
Contact details
You may want to have a list of emergency contact details for family, as well as your embassy, accommodation and institution details. If you have used an education agent, keep their contact details on you, in case you need to conta