At UON we train engineers capable of solving the world’s greatest challenges. As a medical engineer, you can make medical treatment more effective, efficient, safer and more affordable, and will be uniquely placed to save and improve lives.
What is medical engineering? Medical engineers apply engineering principles and design processes to find innovative solutions to healthcare problems. They bring their creativity, critical thinking, and complex problem solving skills to developing and improving technology and human systems in medical settings. They need to have strong people skills and be particularly adept at working in interdisciplinary teams.
Why study with us?
- Real-world insights: Connect with industry through projects, guest lecturers, and mentoring.
- Be workplace ready: Graduates rated us no.1 in NSW for workplace ready skills. In 2016, 93% of graduates were employed within 4 months.
- Flexible programs: Choose up to 4 courses from areas such as business, product/industrial design, or entrepreneurship. Use these to diversify your studies!
- Travel the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia. You can even start while you’re studying with international exchanges and scholarships available.
- We’re No.1 in Australia for overall quality of the educational experience.
within four months of graduation
32 in the world
for energy science and engineering
No. 1 in Australia
for overall satisfaction and skills scale
average starting salary for engineering graduates
World top 10
for automation and control