Student Progress Advisors
Student Progress Advisors provide advice and support throughout your studies. They are there to:
- help you create an individual plan for success at UON
- refer you to other relevant support services
- check-in with you from time-to-time so that you stay on track
- talk about options if you want to take a break from your studies
- provide specialist advice to international students about rights, responsibilities and visa requirements
Student Progress Advisors are all members of the ALLY Network. An ALLY is a staff member on campus who is trained to be aware of for the issues faced by members of the LGBTIQ community and to advocate on their behalf. Visit the ALLY page for more information on the ALLY network.
The best way to contact your Student Progress Advisor is via email: StudentAdvice@newcastle.edu.au. They are also accessible via Student Central on campus and if necessary, an appointment can be made for more detailed advice.