Advertising to students
Our students can bring a wealth of knowledge, experience and skills to positions at UoN. Many of them have been employed here previously and have a thorough understanding of our organisation and policies.
We have found that our student employees are competent, reliable, courteous and efficient. They bring fresh enthusiasm to the workplace. We look forwarding to employing students again in the future. - Anne, professional staff member.
Jobs on Campus
- If you have short term, one-off employment opportunities which you do not wish to formally advertise, the Careers Service can recruit your vacancy using the Casual Job Pool. Current students who have registered their interest in securing work on campus will be sorted and matched to your job needs by their skills, availability and work experiences.
- If you wish to formally advertise a position, you can email the Careers Serivce to place a vacancy in a specific Jobs on Campus category within CareerHub. All current students and graduates registered on CareerHub can view vacancies.
The following roles are considered suitable positions for students:
- administration work
- customer service
- data entry
- design work
- IT support
- laboratory assistants
- research assistants
- event assistants
- overflow work
- project work
Hiring a student brings a range of benefits to our staff including:
- the opportunity to tap into a range of new skills and ideas from motivated students
- increased engagement with our student body
- contribution to ongoing student graduate capabilities.