More than just buildings full of books (although we have those too) the University’s libraries are vast, interconnected sources of knowledge, with extensive online databases, spaces for individual or group study, and knowledgeable staff who are ready to assist you.
At our Ourimbah campus students and staff have access to
- 276 computers and a range of printing/scanning services
- Eight study rooms with access to computers and screens
- Wireless and power connections for laptops and other devices
- A service-desk offering 24 hour support from library staff
- A student 'Rover' service that provides peer-assisted library and basic IT support
- Cafe, lounge, parents' room and outdoor meeting spaces
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.