To receive information regarding ARC grants, please subscribe to our 'research-arc' mailing list.
ARC Schemes Calendar with internal deadlines
|Scheme||ARC Opened||Full Compliance & Eligibility Review Deadline (internal)||Closing Date|
|Industrial Transformation Training Centres 2014||24 May||24 July||31 July||7 August|
|Centres of Excellence 2014||26 June||24 July||31 July||8 August|
|Linkage Projects 2014||27 September||16 October||30 October||13 November|
|Future Fellowships 2014||2 October||23 October||6 November||20 November|
|Australian Laureate Fellowships 2014||13 January 2014||3 February 2014||17 February 2014||24 February 2014|
|Discovery Projects 2015||15 January 2014||5pm, 19 February 2014||5pm, 5 March 2014||19 March 2014|
|Industrial Transformation Research Hubs for funding commencing in 2013 – Round 2||15 January 2014||12 February 2014||19 February 2014||26 February 2014|
|Discovery Indigenous 2015||5 February 2014||5pm, 26 February 2014||5pm, 12 March 2014||26 March 2014|
|Discovery Early Career Research Award (DECRA) 2015||3 February 2014||5 March 2014||19 March 2014||2 April 2014|
|Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) 2015||21 February 2014||19 March 2014||2 April 2014||16 April 2014|
Please note: the calendar is a DRAFT calendar and dates are subject to change.
Download a PDF version of the ARC Schemes Calendar (PDF 118 KB).
Important notes regarding lodgement of ARC applications
- In RMS, save each Part of the Proposal one final time
- Ensure all components of the Proposal are complete and valid
- Full Eligibility and Compliance Review: email the relevant Research Office contact (Neroli.Finlay@newcastle.edu.au) when application is ready to review
- Internal Closing Date: to submit to the Research Office click on 'Submit Proposal to Research Office' located at the bottom of the Proposal Summary Page
- Submit the Written Evidence to the Research Office as detailed above in the Documents section.
As of 2013 the ARC's GAMS system will no longer be available. All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted in RMS.
You can also download the UoN help document 'How to set up a RMS Account and create a Partner Organisation' (DOC 38 KB).
Should you require further assistance using RMS please contact Neroli Finlay via email or phone on (02) 492 15353.
If you have a current ARC grant with outstanding reports, this could affect your eligibility for this scheme. Please see the University of Newcastle ARC Reporting page.
- For further information, also see the ARC reporting page
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: In past rounds, the ARC warranted confidentiality. The Funding Rules now state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law."
Due to this change we recommend that if submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality, applicants should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
- ARC Salary Costs for general staff 2013 (XLS 49 KB)
- ARC Salary Costs for academic staff 2014 (XLS 47 KB)
- Further ARC Information
- Preparing Research Budgets