Maths and Stats Help (MASH)
Support and resources are available for a range of courses, including mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, medicine and economics. Our MASH sessions are available for numerous courses at most levels of your degree; our emphasis is on the first two years of many undergraduate Programs, as well as maths in Enabling Programs.
Learning advisers who specialise in maths and statistics are available to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
- Click the button to the right for details of our MASH sessions
- Specific resources and MASH sessions can also be found under the Help or Support tab in your course Blackboard site.
- Small group and individual consultations can also be organised to meet your needs. Email us your name, course and your query.
Maths Diagnostic Quiz- MDQ
A Maths Diagnostic Quiz is a self-diagnostic test that allows you to measure your competence in mathematical areas such as basic algebraic manipulations, functions, geometry and solving equations.
A number of quizzes are available to all students via 'My Other Sites' in Blackboard, under 'Maths Diagnostic Quiz' [ORG.106309].
You can take a quiz at any time and immediate feedback will be provided. These quizzes should help you to:
- assess your maths ability at a basic level
- determine if you have the necessary skills to study courses with maths content
- find the right person to contact if you have questions or need assistance
- work out if you need to adjust your program to allow more time to build maths skills.