Mathematics and statistics
Support and resources are available for a range of courses, including mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, medicine and economics. You can get help with mathematics or statistics at any level of your degree program.
Learning advisers who specialise in maths are available to help you develop your skills and knowledge.
- Specific maths resources and sessions can be found under the Help or Support tab in your course Blackboard site.
- Small group and individual consultations can also be organised to meet your needs. Email us your name, course and subject and your query.
Maths Diagnostic Quiz- MDQ
A Maths Diagnostic Quiz is a self-diagnostic test that allows you to measure your competence in mathematical areas such as basic algebraic manipulations, functions, geometry and solving equations.
A number of quizzes are available to all students via 'My Other Sites' in Blackboard, under 'Maths Diagnostic Quiz' [ORG.106309].
You can take a quiz at any time and immediate feedback will be provided. These quizzes should help you to:
- assess your maths ability at a basic level
- determine if you have the necessary skills to study courses with maths content
- find the right person to contact if you have questions or need assistance
- work out if you need to adjust your program to allow more time to build maths skills.