How do I apply?
Accommodation applications for 2024 open in September 2023. To ensure diversity of our on-campus community, we allocate spaces to new and returning students, as well as domestic and international cohorts. We proudly prioritise places for First Nations students who follow the ‘Establishing Status’ process.
2024 Application Dates
12 September, 10am: Early Entry Program (EEP) and Returner cohorts open. EEP applications must be made by 11.59pm 24 September to maintain the accommodation guarantee.
27 September, 10am: New (non EEP) applications open
Offers will be made from late September 2023. Upon acceptance of an offer, you will need to pay your up-front room fees (equivalent to six weeks’ room fees) and Community Levy to hold your place.
With a waitlist expected again for 2024, we offer an off-campus accommodation search support service.
Applying to live on campus doesn’t have to be stressful if you are prepared! Let us walk you through some tips, the steps involved in the application process and what to do next if you get an offer. Living on campus is popular, so when applications open we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
What you'll need
Before you start your application make sure you have a valid credit or debit card and a valid email address. These are used to create your resident profile and will be requested during the application process.
- Visit the Student Living Accommodation Portal
- Register as a new user or login
Hotmail and Live accounts may send our emails to your junk/spam folder. Ensure you check this folder regularly. We recommend using your student email to register. If you have already set up a login please use this as creating more than one account may delay your application.
- Select the ‘Application’ tab
- Select your preferred contract term
Choose from Standard Stay, Single Semester and Long Stay
- Select your Campus of study
Newcastle – Includes the Callaghan and Newcastle City campuses
Central Coast – Ourimbah campus
- Select your Living Environment
General – standard living
Gender – same gender living
Lifestyle – a quieter environment
Postgraduate – maximise your study time
- Select up to four room preferences
If you’re studying at Ourimbah campus, please select Blue Gum House only
- Pay the non-refundable application fee - Visa or Mastercard accepted
- Please review your application details, then click ‘Submit Application'
Accepting an offer
- Once you receive your accommodation offer, follow these steps to accept it:
- Select ‘Application’ tab on the Accommodation Portal and select the contract with the status of ‘Place Offered’
- Review the details of your offer
- Accept your offer by selecting ‘Accept’ in the
- Accept or Decline Room Allocation box then click ‘Reply’
- Review and accept the Terms and Conditions by clicking ‘Agree’ then click ‘Next’
- You will then receive a copy of your completed Occupancy Licence Agreement via email
- Make your Room Deposit, Room Fees in Advance and Community Levy payments
- Finalise your acceptance.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.