2021 Peer Review Cycles
Research office contact:
This scheme is OPEN
Dates for 2021 Peer Review Cycles are below. Please subscribe to our NHMRC mailing list to receive updates relating to this scheme.
The objectives of the Partnership Projects scheme are to:
- Create partnerships among decision makers, policy makers, managers, clinicians and researchers
- Create new opportunities for researchers and policy makers to work together to define research questions and undertake research
- Implement findings into policy and practice
- Answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services
Partnership Projects will answer a specific research question to influence health and well-being through changes in the delivery, organisation, funding and access to health services. For further information please refer to the Partnership Projects section of the NHMRC website.
Continuous Application Process
This scheme allows applicants to apply at any time during the year to allow researchers and partner organisations to develop timely collaborations. The grant commencement date will be aligned with the timing of each peer review cycle.
Peer review meetings for applications will occur in three distinct cycles:
- Peer Review Cycle #1 - July 2021
- Peer Review Cycle #2 - November 2021
- Peer Review Cycle #3 - March 2022
Applications will proceed to peer review depending on when they are submitted to NHMRC. For example, for an application to be peer reviewed in the first cycle (PRC #1); applicants must ensure minimum data requirements are met by 24 March 2021, and the application must be submitted by 7 April 2021.
Applications that have met minimum data requirements but are not submitted by the application due date will remain active. The applicant may continue to work on the application and submit to the next available peer review cycle.
Beyond Blue Partnership Grant Scheme
Beyond Blue has recently announced an opportunity for researchers across Australia to involve Beyond Blue as a partner on an NHMRC Partnership Project . Beyond Blue are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from researchers addressing depression, anxiety and/or suicide prevention who would like to involve Beyond Blue as a partner organisation on their grant application.
If your research proposal aligns with Beyond Blue’s mission and priorities, and your application to the NHMRC is successful, Beyond Blue will contribute up to $50,000 per annum (excl. GST) for three years (total $150,000 excl. GST) and in-kind support. Beyond Blue will partner on up to five research projects in their application to the NHMRC or ARC.
If you wish to submit an EOI to Beyond Blue to partner in 2021 on an NHMRC Partnership Project (PRC3), please return your completed Expression of Interest form to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00am Monday 16 August 2021. The Research Office will submit your EOI to Beyond Blue on your behalf.
|Peer Review Cycle #1||Peer Review Cycle #2||Peer Review Cycle #3|
|Applications open in Sapphire||Wed 13 Jan 2021||Thu 25 March 2021||Thu 29 July 2021|
|Eligibility and Compliance Check Period||Mon 8 - Fri 19 March 2021||Mon 19 - Thu 29 July 2021||Mon 8 - Wed 17 November 2021|
|Minimum Data Requirement||Wed 24 March 2021||Wed 28 July 2021||Wed 17 November 2021|
|University Deadline for Final Application||9am Fri 26 March 2021||9am Thu 5 August 2021||9am Wed 24 November 2021|
|NHMRC Submission||Wed 7 Apr 2021||Thu 12 August 2021||Wed 1 December 2021|
|Peer Review Meetings||20-21 July 2021||16-17 November 2021||22-23 March 2022|
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to commence their application in Sapphire ASAP after the scheme opens so that they can:
- book their preferred day for an Eligibility and Compliance Check.
- receive a copy of the scheme Essential Instructions developed by the Research Office to assist you in the completion of your application.
- The University deadline for final application (the internal deadline) requires the provision of a submission-ready proposal to the Research Grants Office submitted via Sapphire, as well as a fully signed application coversheet.
- Schools and Colleges may have their own internal dates for the purpose of peer review/Head of School and Assistant Dean (Research) approval etc. Please contact your School Executive Officer and College Research & Research Training Officer or College Research Development Manager for further information on School/College internal processes.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.