By sponsoring the Newcastle Robotics Laboratory which hosts the NUbots you will be given the opportunity to:
- Be involved with cutting edge research into robotics and machine intelligence.
- Support a team of some of the most talented students of our University.
- Be part of the exciting national and international RoboCup initiative. This is an annual large-scale high profile technology (and sports) event which attracts a lot of publicity. It involves many of the best robotics research groups and centres from around the world.
Following the tremendous success of our research group and the competition team we seek sponsoring partners to be able to continue and expand our activities. Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Support of our student competition team to be able to participate in the yearly RoboCup event.
- Summer scholarships for undergraduate students (approx. $3,000 per student), which encourages new undergraduate students to research and prepare for competitions.
- Masters/PhD scholarships. To encourage postgraduate students to do research and development in the robotics lab, we require research scholarships at a cost of $20,000 per year per student for 3 years. Linkage with external industry projects are possible.
- Postdoctoral positions. Some of our current research students would like to continue their work in the Newcastle Robotics Lab after finishing their theses and degrees, and for these highly skilled researchers we require funding for a postdoctoral position. Linkage with interested industry collaborators is encouraged.
- We are planning a series of new research projects in application areas related to robotics, signal processing, and artificial intelligence. By becoming a sponsoring partner you can become involved in the development of exiting new technologies for the future.
The Australian Research Council (ARC) has a grant scheme to support collaboration between industry and university. Through this scheme collaborative projects can receive substantial leverage on initial cash contributions. There is a possibility to pursue this kind of grant as part of your sponsorship.
To discuss possibilities of research collaboration and/or sponsorship please contact the head of the Robotics Lab A/Prof. Stephan Chalup.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.