TEDx Speech by BEnvOHS Graduate
"Every 15 seconds, a worker dies from a work-related accident..." In his talk, Mr. Shah Mohammad Saidur Rahman discussed about the importance of occupation safety. He emphasised that a small investment on safety now, will prevent future disasters.
Shah Mohammad Saidur Rahman has earned a Bachelor degree in Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety from the University of Newcastle, Australia in Singapore and a Master in Engineering degree in "Engineering and Technology Management" from the University of South Australia.
He began his career in 2001 in the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) field after completed his Diploma from Bangladesh Institute. He has since served in a number of Management positions in various organisations with increased responsibility in the field. He is currently holding the role of HSE Coach for major projects for a renowned oil and gas company in the world.
An aspiring motivational public speaker, he was actively involved with Toastmasters club of Singapore and currently a member of Jinju Toastmasters Club. Saidur is a life member of DMEABS, SBS, SISO, IOSH and a proud alumni of the University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities