Providing Health Care Across Diverse Regions
Challenges for the resources sector, primary industries and communities.
This symposium will bring together senior organisational and industry representatives with an interest in industry health and safety practice and policy. It will provide a forum to discuss the health needs of communities and workplaces in diverse resource intensive regions focusing on:
- Health services needs in the minerals and resources sector
- Community/industry relationships in health care delivery
- Innovative models for provision of health care in the resources sector
- Exemplars of health service models to support a healthy workforce in the resources sector and the rural and regional communities where they exist.
Who should attend?
- Industry representatives from the mining, gas and agricultural sector
- Government representatives
- Researchers and rural health practitioners
This symposium is an initiative of the University of Newcastle's Centre for Resources Health and Safety. The Centre was established in 2014 in partnership with Aspen Medical, a leading provider of healthcare solutions in the Mining and Resources sector. Speakers include:
- Melanie Stutsel Director: Health, Safety, Environment and Community Policy. Minerals Council of Australia
- Brian Kelly Director: Centre for Resources Health and Safety. University of Newcastle
- Nicky Hudson Director: Department of Rural Health, University of Newcastle
- Trevor Hazell Executive Manager: Programs and Services. Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health
- James Ross Medical Director: Aspen Corporate Health
- Greg Sullivan Director: Policy and Community. NSW Minerals Council
- David Perkins Director: Centre for Remote Rural Mental Health. University of Newcastle
- Michael Askew Project Director: Centre for Social Research Energy and Resources. University of Newcastle
- Tony Lower Director, Australian Centre for Agricultural Health and Safety. University of Sydney.
This symposium is a free event however bookings are essential. To register email us at email@example.com or call 02 4033 9000. Further details provided on registration.
- Gerry Bobsien
- Phone: 02 4033 9000