Postgraduate AusIMM Education Endowment Fund (EEF) scholarship was awarded to Nathan Barrett
Postgraduate AusIMM Education Endowment Fund (EEF) scholarship awarded to Nathan Barrett
In 31.03.2021 Nathan Barrett was awarded the postgraduate AusIMM Education Endowment Fund (EEF) scholarship.
Currently in his second year of a PhD focussed on the behaviour of Australian iron ores under hydrogen enrichment in the blast furnace. This project is expected to aid in decreasing emissions of blast furnace operations worldwide through the utilisation of hydrogen.
Nathan is a grateful recipient of the AusIMM EEF, which provides financial support and career development assistance over the course of his studies. The scholarship includes the opportunity to participate in a one-week field trip to a mineral rich region of Australia.
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.