Collaboration with the University of Bath through Global Chair role
The award of the 2020-2021 Global Chair role to Professor Penny Jane Burke will support ongoing research collaboration with the University of Bath. Professor Burke will provide mentorship to colleagues in the UK and co-develop research projects and online courses.
The invitation to visit the University of Bath as a Global Chair is an exciting opportunity for the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education (CEEHE) and the University of Newcastle to:
- expand networks in theoretically based evaluation;
- develop research into gender equity in STEAMM; and
- develop cutting-edge online courses in equity in higher education.
Professor Burke will be working with colleagues across three departments at the University of Bath and will provide mentorship for early career academics and practitioners.
The collaborative projects will engage colleagues from UON, including Dr Julia Coffey, Kate Mellor and Matt Lumb, supporting emerging, early and mid-career researchers and further expanding our research networks.
While the visits to the UK may be delayed, a virtual connection has commenced.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the University of Newcastle to draw from its significant history and strength in the field of equity to build a focused collaborative agenda across research, professional development, evaluation and practice with the University of Bath in our mutual, deep commitment to gender equality and social justice praxis.
- Could housing cooperatives be an affordable solution to Australia’s growing housing crisis?
- Scientific honour for engineer transforming minerals processing
- Faculty of Science researcher appointed to NSW Coastal Council
- Newcastle researcher making a mark with a NASA satellite mission
- Mathematicians forge on despite pandemic