Federal Government funded group mission success
The Australian-China Research Centre for Crop Improvement (ACRCCI) has successfully undertaken the DIISRTE-funded Group Mission project entitled "Collaboration to Strengthen the Research Capabilities of ACRCCI".
During the Group Mission, we held:
- The 1st Australia-China Symposium on Crop Science in Hangzhou, chaired by Yong-Ling Ruan, Director, ACRCCI; Xiaoya Chen, President, SIBS, CAS and Jianping Chen, President ZAAS. The meeting attracted ~150 delegates from major institutes from both nations with 20 invited speakers, covering topics from regulation of gene expression to stress tolerance and yield formation.
- A round table discussion in Shanghai at the Institute of Plant Physiology & Ecology (SIPPE); Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences (SIBS) of CAS for collaboration in Plant Biology research.
- A mini-symposium with National Key Lab of Crop Genetics and Germplasm Improvement in Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU) and discussed ways for fostering strategic collaboration between ACRCCI and the Key Lab.
The group mission has increased research profile of ACRCCI and attracted considerable interests from some top institutes for collaboration with MOU being prepared and signed between UoN and CAS and NAU. With a solid track record in winning competitive funding, publications in top journals and establishment of extensive network, ACRCCI is now well positioned to leap forward to achieve its inspirational goals in crop science research and application.
- ACRCCI Director - Associate Professor Yong-Ling Ruan
- Phone: +61 2 4921 7958
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers