August Medical Research Commercialistaion Fund meeting update
NI's Health Business Development Mangager, Dr David Fox, attended the August Medical Research Commercialisation Fund (MRCF) meeting in Wellington, NZ.
The MRCF provides venture capital-style seed and early stage funding to innovative research to support its commercialisation. MRCF members include leading medical research institutes from Australia and New Zealand, which peer review the investment proposals made by researchers at those institutions. Several of the successful MRCF supported research has led to the formation of companies that have listed on the Australian stock exchange.
Along with the ability to support applications from HMRI-based researchers, attending the MRCF allows NI to engage with the representatives from the MRCF medical research institutes from Australia and New Zealand along with Brandon Capital Group, the well-respected life sciences fund manager. Involvement with the MRCF has already led to collaborative research for our researchers with more opportunities expected in the future.
- New research to investigate link between obesity and endometrial cancer
- New biotech venture going viral in battle against cancer
- Support for business owners impacted by bushfires
- Smoking increases risk of complications after surgery, joint WHO study finds
- Beachside clinic offers free legal advice to the community and bushfire victims