Opening new possibilities at University
Are you interested in undergraduate study, pathways to university or expanding your career with postgraduate study?
The University of Newcastle invites you to experience campus life, meet academics and students, and learn about the many study options on offer locally at Newcastle Open Day.
Immerse yourself in interactive demonstrations, displays, talks, and tours of the University’s state-of-the-art facilities at its Callaghan and NeW Space city campuses.
Presentations will cover a range of topics including the application and admissions process, academic programs and debunking myths for first year students. Other highlights include:
- Drumming workshop
- NUracing race car and Robot X boat
- Interactive engineering lab tours
- SMART science show
- Non-Newtonian fluid experiments
- Student performances
Made for the whole family to enjoy, the day will include great food, music, and entertainment from roving performers to a treasure hunt and kids’ zone.
Newcastle Open Day will take place on Saturday 25 August from 10am to 4pm.
Spread across two campuses, those interested in accounting and finance, business, communication and creative industries or law are invited to attend the NeW Space city campus to learn more. Whilst those eager to explore science, technology, engineering, maths, medicine, education and arts, should visit the University’s Callaghan campus.
For more information, to create a customised Open Day program, or to register, go to: www.newcastle.edu.au/openday.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities