Bike hubs encourage pedal power
The University of Newcastle now boasts greater bike storage and end-of-trip facilities, following the construction of two bike hubs at its Callaghan campus.
Bike Hub East and Bike Hub West each contain 52 bike storage racks, as well as lockers, showers and toilets, and were developed in response to requests from students for increased secure bike storage.
Accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the facilities are an example of the University's continued commitment to encouraging alternative transport methods. The bike hubs form part of a range of initiatives aimed at enhancing the environmental sustainability of the campus, with additional and upgraded cycle paths also completed recently.
Bike Hub East is located out the front of the Student Services Centre, while Bike Hub West is located out the front of the Social Sciences Building. Click on the campus map to view the location of the hubs and the other outdoor bike racks available on campus.
Access to both bike hubs is via a valid student ID card. CCTV cameras also operate outside the buildings and the facilities are included in regular campus security patrols.
- Media and Public Relations.
- Phone: +61 2 4921 5577.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness