Australian Earth Sciences Convention
Professor Iain Stewart, renowned geoscientist and star of BBC TWO series 'Rise of the Continents' will participate in the 2014 Australian Earth Sciences Convention (AESC) this week at Newcastle City Hall.
Professor Bill Collins, from the University's School of Environmental and Life Sciences forms part of the AESC's organising committee, with the convention providing young earth scientists with the opportunity to hear about the latest developments in geosciences. Key themes in 2014 include energy, resources, basin geology, geodynamics and the environment.
University of Newcastle lecturer, Dr Jenny Bailey, will appear as one of the event's keynote speakers while fellow lecturer, Dr Gary Ellem, will feature as a panellist during the event's 'Energy 2050: The Future of Energy in Australia' public forum. The three-hour forum will boast a Q&A-style format, with Dr Ellem and other panel members inviting questions from the audience.
A public lecture series and interactive geological exhibition will be showcased, with the Geological Society of Australia (GSA) awards presentation also held on Tuesday 8 July. The AESC is a biennial convention held by the Geological Society of Australia (GSA).
For further information visit the event's website: http://www.aesc2014.gsa.org.au/.
- Sheena Martin
- Phone: +61 2 4921 8714
- University of Newcastle partner with MineSensor to save the Mining Industry Millions
- City supports accredited training for COVID-19 affected workers
- New book Youth Sociology helps understand youth pressures of today
- NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions