High achieving student nurse recognised
The School of Nursing and Midwifery congratulates Laurie Bickhoff who recently received a number of accolades at the school's award ceremony.
Laurie's achievements were recognised by receiving the following awards:
- First in Health Breakdown Among Indigenous Populations
- Equal first in Prudence & Professional Nursing
- Equal first in Transitions to Professional Practice B, and
- University of Newcastle Prize for Nursing: awarded to the graduating student with the highest GPA.
Laurie is an active member of the Nurses 4 Nurses program at The University of Newcastle Ourimbah campus that provides students with networking and career development opportunities.
Laurie is also a member of the inaugural Emerging Nurse Leaders program and recently featured on the My Health Career website in an article entitled Why I wanted to become a nurse.
Congratulations Laurie from everyone at The School of Nursing and Midwifery. We look forward to watching your nursing career grow into the future.
- Associate Professor Pamela van der Riet
- Phone: +61 2 4921 6261
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award