High achieving student nurse recognised
The School of Nursing and Midwifery congratulates Laurie Bickhoff who recently received a number of accolades at the school's award ceremony.
Laurie's achievements were recognised by receiving the following awards:
- First in Health Breakdown Among Indigenous Populations
- Equal first in Prudence & Professional Nursing
- Equal first in Transitions to Professional Practice B, and
- University of Newcastle Prize for Nursing: awarded to the graduating student with the highest GPA.
Laurie is an active member of the Nurses 4 Nurses program at The University of Newcastle Ourimbah campus that provides students with networking and career development opportunities.
Laurie is also a member of the inaugural Emerging Nurse Leaders program and recently featured on the My Health Career website in an article entitled Why I wanted to become a nurse.
Congratulations Laurie from everyone at The School of Nursing and Midwifery. We look forward to watching your nursing career grow into the future.
- Associate Professor Pamela van der Riet
- Phone: +61 2 4921 6261
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities