Wanted: Participants for Employment Activation Study
Are you currently or have you recently been a jobseeker? Would you be interested in being interviewed about your experiences? We are seeking participants to be interviewed for a research project on jobseeker experiences in contemporary Australia.
This is an Australian Research Council funded project concerned with experiences of job seekers in Australia and with how these experiences have changed in recent years. The project is being carried out by Professor Lisa Adkins (Chief Investigator) and Dr Phoenix de Carteret (Research Associate).
Stream A jobactive jobseekers over 18 years of age. Participation is entirely voluntary and will not be disclosed. All information provided will remain anonymous. Participation will not impact on your benefits or job search activities.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their experience of employment activation programmes and joblessness with the researcher and contribute to better understanding of these experiences.
Participants will be asked to participate in an interview and fill out a time use diary.
Participants will receive Coles-Myer vouchers in recognition of their contribution to the research.
More details and registration options can be found on the project blog.
Follow on Twitter.
If you're interested or would like more information please contact Lisa.Adkins@newcastle.edu.au or Phoenix de Carteret on 02 492 18846.
Find out more
- About research in the Faculty of Education and Arts
- About undertaking a PhD or MPhil in sociology or anthropology
- About undertaking an undergraduate major in sociology and anthropology
- Beachside clinic offers free legal advice to the community and bushfire victims
- Cell finding brings hope for uterus ailments
- Australia Day Library hours
- Building your expertise in dealing with high conflict personalities
- Disadvantaged students set to benefit from research grant focussed on mental health