UON researcher awarded international fellowship in Finland
Dr Zsuzsa Millei from the University of Newcastle's (UON) Comparative and International Education Group (CIEGUN) has been awarded a two-year post-doctoral fellowship with the Space and Political Agency Research Group (SPARG) at the University of Tampere, Finland.
Dr Millei will work with SPARG from 2015, which is a part of The Relational and Territorial Politics of Bordering, Identities, and Transnationalization (RELATE) Academy of Finland Centre of Excellence.
RELATE brings together human geographers from the Universities of Oulu and Tampere to study theoretical and empirical themes related to contemporary bordering practices and forms of political agency.
A Senior Lecturer in the School of Education at UON, Dr Millei's research will focus on 'Child politics: nation, place-making and subjectivity'.
RELATE has been selected as a Centre of Excellence for its cutting-edge research and potential to achieve significant breakthroughs and with an international recruitment policy.
RELATE is equivalent to an Australian Research Council (ARC) Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) and receives more than a million EURO funding from the Academy of Finland.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities