UN Secretary General Discusses Climate Change
UN Secretary-General delivers speech on Climate Action at NYU Stern School of Business
The UN Secretary-General (SG) Guterres gave his first major policy speech on Climate Action at NYU Stern School of Business in New York City on 30 May, 2017. Introduced by the business school's dean Peter Henry it was a fitting place to call on leaders from governments, business and academia to support the Paris Agreement on climate change action.
PRME were heartened by the questions from business school students and business (including Citigroup) and the response from SG Guterres. One of the key messages of the SG was that climate action provides opportunities. At the same time he called on cities and regional governments to increase efforts.
PRME wanted to share with you the UN SG's speech as delivered: https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/statement/2017-05-30/secretary-general-climate-action-delivered
Further, PRME have issued a news item through PRME's website and social media channels, see here: http://www.unprme.org/news/index.php?newsid=459#.WS7gOuvyu70
- Professor Morris Altman
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast