The Sharing Economy
The Sharing Economy, Old Concept, New Technology, New Rules?
Dr Sidsel Grimsted was a guest speaker at the Hunter Innovation Festival in May. Sidsel spoke of the old Viking governance of the commons, and what rules were necessary for governing the commons to ensure fair distribution of resources. Throughout the presentation, Sidsel covered concepts such as distributive and extractive sharing economy, and how it is important for cities to be open to new sharing economy initiatives. Sidsel then referred to the ‘new’ ways of governance and used the example of Amsterdam as the first Sharing and Smart city and how the council have put in place assessment tools to make sure new initiatives benefit the city, the existing residents, social cohesion and the environment.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness