The Sharing Economy
The Sharing Economy, Old Concept, New Technology, New Rules?
Dr Sidsel Grimsted was a guest speaker at the Hunter Innovation Festival in May. Sidsel spoke of the old Viking governance of the commons, and what rules were necessary for governing the commons to ensure fair distribution of resources. Throughout the presentation, Sidsel covered concepts such as distributive and extractive sharing economy, and how it is important for cities to be open to new sharing economy initiatives. Sidsel then referred to the ‘new’ ways of governance and used the example of Amsterdam as the first Sharing and Smart city and how the council have put in place assessment tools to make sure new initiatives benefit the city, the existing residents, social cohesion and the environment.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers