QLD ‘Gay Panic Defence’ Shameful
Newcastle Law School academics Dr Alan Berman and Sher Campbell delve into Queensland's 'homosexual advance defence'.
Dr Alan Berman and Sher Campbell discuss the 'homosexual advance defence' in QLD in an op-ed piece published in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Melbourne Age, and the Brisbane Times. The 'homosexual advance' can be asserted as part of the wider provocation defence which, if successful, means the accused will be acquitted of murder and convicted of the lesser crime of manslaughter.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- New weekly radio spot features creative ageing researcher Dr Helen English
- History of Gay and Lesbian Rights Features in Waiting for Equality Exhibition
- The Library welcomes all students
- Highlights from the 2019 EMPOWER Professional Development Grant Recipients
- Prof Philip Dwyer co-edits Cambridge World History of Violence Four Volume set