QLD ‘Gay Panic Defence’ Shameful
Newcastle Law School academics Dr Alan Berman and Sher Campbell delve into Queensland's 'homosexual advance defence'.
Dr Alan Berman and Sher Campbell discuss the 'homosexual advance defence' in QLD in an op-ed piece published in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Melbourne Age, and the Brisbane Times. The 'homosexual advance' can be asserted as part of the wider provocation defence which, if successful, means the accused will be acquitted of murder and convicted of the lesser crime of manslaughter.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness