John Anderson's Book Launch: Uniform Evidence in Australia
On Wednesday the 16th of September, legal scholars and practitioners came together for special event to celebrate the publication of Associate Professor John Anderson's new book 'Uniform Evidence in Australia' in collaboration with co-authors Neil Williams SC, Julia Roy and Judith Marychurch.
The book was launched by The Hon Kevin Lindgren AM, QC, Conjoint Professor.
Uniform Evidence in Australia provides a comprehensive multi-jurisdictional commentary and annotation to the uniform Evidence Acts of the Commonwealth, NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, the ACT and NT.
The authors examine recurring challenges in the construction and application of the legislation, including the extent to which it is necessary or proper to resort to pre-Act case law. In so doing, they highlight and explore the tension between the prescriptive nature of some sections and the apparent reliance of others upon pre-existing common law principles.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: 4921 5052
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness