Engaging the Chinese Readership through Media
Dr Hao Tan of the Newcastle Business School uses media to engage with the readership in China
Newcastle Business School's Dr Hao Tan has published another piece by the UK's Financial Times in its Chinese website, which has 2.1 million registered readers for its web and 736k followers for its official weibo (the Chinese version of twitter). The article commented on the recent remarks by Clive Palmer on the ABC's Q&A program, on which the mining tycoon described the Chinese government as "mongrels". Dr Tan suggests that while the remarks reflect Mr Palmer's lack of manner and highlight his political opportunism, this is a chance to discuss the important issues facing Chinese outbound foreign direct investment. These issues include Chinese companies' desperation to secure iron ore mines as one of China's 'strategic assets' and the concerns of host countries caused by Chinese state ownership of many investments.
The full article can be read here (in Chinese)
Learn more about Dr Tan by visiting his Researcher Profile.
- Dr Hao Tan
- Phone: (02) 4921 6748
- New biotech venture going viral in battle against cancer
- Support for business owners impacted by bushfires
- Smoking increases risk of complications after surgery, joint WHO study finds
- Beachside clinic offers free legal advice to the community and bushfire victims
- Cell finding brings hope for uterus ailments