Cutcher & Neale Site Visit
A group of first year commerce students recently visited the Newcastle offices of accounting firm Cutcher & Neale.
Cutcher & Neale is one of the top 50 accounting and financial services firms in Australia. The students were given an overview of the firm's functions and structure, and gained insight to the organisation's divisions through presentations from senior Cutcher & Neale staff. The presentations emphasised the diversity of client needs, and the dynamic and challenging nature of the role of an accountant within the firm. An overview of where the accounting and financial services professions are heading was also provided, and students gained valuable insights to how changes to business practices within these professions may impact their own career paths.
The Cutcher & Neale site visit was facilitated by the Faculty of Business and Law as a work ready initiative with the support of Dr Marcus Rodrigs. Details of upcoming work ready initiatives for commerce, business and law students may be accessed here.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers