Appeal to clarify religious standing
Associate Professor Neil Foster welcomes appeal on landmark court decision regarding religious freedom in an article with the Australian
The extent of religious freedom in modern Australia will be tested by the High Court after a Christian group last week launched an appeal against a landmark Victorian court decision which, for the first time, elevated anti-discrimination laws over the right to religious freedom.
Newcastle Law School academic Assoc Prof Neil Foster has welcomed an appeal on a landmark court decision, pointing out that more clarification is required in order to define the extent of religious freedoms.
Read the full article here.
Learn more about Assoc Prof Foster at his researcher profile.
- Assoc Prof Neil Foster
- Phone: (02) 4921 7430
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast