Develop your leadership skills with Generation Governance
Stand Out! Be a Leader! Make a difference!
Generation Governance gives you leadership skills for life. This free online course will develop your knowledge, skills and understanding of governance and help you become an effective decision maker and a valued team member at UON and beyond.
Generation Governance is an online resource for leaders of student clubs, societies and organisations. We offer tips and tools for running a successful student organisation and a free online governance course.
Generation Governance provides you with great leadership skills to assist you in developing your professional career.
Differentiate yourself from others. Complete Generation Governance and gain skills necessary to become more employable to your prospective employers.
Is Generation Governance for you?
- Are thinking about nominating for an Executive Committee role with a student club or society?
- Are thinking about nominating to be a student representative member of a University committee, such as a Faculty Board?
- Have just joined an executive committee and need to quickly get ‘on board’ about what is expected of them?
- Have you been on a committee for a while but want to ‘refresh’ their understanding of governance
- Are you aspiring to become a leader in your career?
- Do you want to differentiate yourself from others within your industry? Are you intending to pursue a career in management, leadership or governance?
- Are you interested in universal learning and gaining an understanding of governance?
If any of these apply to you then Generation Governance is a course for you!
The benefits of completing this course include:
- Developing a sound understanding of governance principles.
- Having the ability to realise your organisation’s vision and objectives to achieve more.
- Gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to become an effective decision maker and valued team member at UON and beyond.
- You get a certificate of completion for your CV.
We want your input! Help us help you - complete the free online Generation Governance course and provide us with your feedback.
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.