How are your PRD conversations going?
Performance review and development should be an ongoing conversation between individuals and their managers. If you haven’t done so already, it is time to check back in and look at the goals that you set and how you are progressing with them.
“Conversations throughout the year are just as important as the goal setting and review conversations,” Workforce Development Manager, Bronwen Bamberger said.
“Regular conversations are an opportunity for managers to touch base with staff about how they are travelling.”
Ongoing conversations allow individuals and their supervisors/managers to form a better understanding of each other – their personal aspirations and leadership style.
“Everyone comes to the PRD process with different perspectives,” Bronwen said.
“The conversations should provide the opportunity to articulate and explore what both sides are hoping to achieve in their work and their development.”
Once performance goals are set in SuccessFactors, managers can move individual PRD forms to the Ongoing Conversation step. (There is a user guide if managers need help how to move from Goal setting to Ongoing Conversations). SuccessFactors system now supports the tracking of conversations and achievements throughout the year which makes for a richer review discussion at the year end.
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap