A comfortable space for parenting
Ensuring our staff can manage their family responsibilities is a priority for UON. Refurbished campus parenting rooms and our recent accreditation as a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace are two new features of the family-friendly work environment we work hard to maintain.
Accreditation by the Australian Breastfeeding Association recognises our leadership in creating a supportive environment for breastfeeding mothers. In achieving accreditation, we were able to demonstrate that we have the appropriate policies, procedures and facilities available to ensure that parenting, particularly of young children, does not create a barrier for mothers at work. These are in addition to the various other benefits we provide to help with family responsibilities.
There are five parenting rooms on the Newcastle campus (Callaghan) and one at the Central Coast, each providing comfortable and private facilities for breastfeeding; expressing and storing milk; and nappy changing. These rooms are available for use by all our families.
The Library's Lindsey Fratus enjoyed a quick afternoon tea break with her family James (2) and Josie (4) and husband Greig in the newly refurbished Auchmuty Parenting Room L324.
- Michelle Campbell
- Phone: 4921 7498
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness