Friends Art Prize Recipients
On Friday 25 July the Friends of the University of Newcastle awarded the 2014 Acquisitive Art Prizes.
The University Gallery was overflowing with artists, art buyers and members of the gallery community for the much anticipated announcements of the prize recipients, followed by the start of the Art Fair sale.
The 2014 Acquisitive Art Prize went to Sydney-based printmaker Rew Hanks for his masterful linocut Stop! There's No Need to Shoot the Natives. The two Student Acquisitive Art Prizes were awarded to Nicole Chaffey and Ryan Fitzgerald.
The Friends of the University of Newcastle 2014 Margaret Olley Post Graduate Art Scholarship was awarded to Dale Collier.
Nicole Chaffey, recipient of one of the two 2014 Student Acquisitive Art Prizes, in front of her work Fractured Shore.
The Vice-Chancellor Professor Caroline McMillen and Ryan Fitzgerald with his award for the 2014 Student Acquisitive Art Prize.
- The University Gallery
- Phone: +61 2 4921 5255
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers