Charlie Sheard in Conversation
Our current exhibiting artist, Charlie Sheard, gave an engaging gallery floor talk in the gallery for a large group of students and public visitors on Wednesday 7 May.
Sheard spoke about his approach to painting without narrative, and the physicality of his practice. He generously answered questions from the floor and had great advice for emerging artists, encouraging them to be fearless. Sheard said, "Go to a place you're not familiar with and where you don't know what to do... If you take risks continuously and realise that you don't die then you can be much more free [with your art]."
Sheard's exhibition, Pure Abstractions – Colour, Drawing, Materiality, continues until May 17. Read more about the exhibition.
To be added to the Gallery email list for notification of events, openings and workshops, please email your details to email@example.com
- The University Gallery
- Phone: 02 4921 5255
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness