Thursday, 5 March 2020, 09:00 am — Friday, 6 March 2020, 05:00 pm
|Location:||I2N Hub Hunter Street, 376 Hunter Street, Newcastle|
I2N’s Navigator workshop equips you with the skills and mindset to discover the massive potential of your research or idea. This two-day professional development experience will familiarise you with practical tools and an action plan for turning ideas into impact.
In this highly interactive 2-day workshop, expect to get hands-on with the various components of exploring the impact potential of your idea or research. You will participate in simulations and work on your own idea under the guidance of an expert facilitator. Gain strategies and access to tools for identifying and validating the impact of your idea, including:
- Leveraging the experience and skills of yourself and those around you
- Applying tools derived from lean startup, innovation and design thinking
- Understanding how to speak to customers to gain insights
- Progressing your idea towards relevance and value
- Effectively communicating the problem you are solving and the impact of your idea
Learn essential skills
- Develop and refine your impact story
- Articulate and iterate the unique value proposition of your idea
- Identify and validate the potential impact of your idea through the lens of end-users and customers
- Present your idea that's focused on the problem you are solving
Who should attend
- Emerging entrepreneurs
- Corporate intrapreneurs
- Honors, Postgraduate and PhD students
- Early and mid-career researchers
$990 per person, payable prior to commencement of the workshop.
University of Newcastle staff, students and alumni receive complimentary access to the workshop.
Expressions of interest close: 11:59PM, Sunday 23 February 2020.
Offers made: by 5PM, Tuesday 25 February 2020.