Integrated Innovation Network
Get ready to learn a new way of translating ideas into impact.
I2N’s Navigator is our earliest stage program that equips you with the skills and mindset to discover the massive potential of your research or idea. This 3-day (part-time) online professional development experience will familiarise you with practical tools and an action plan for turning ideas into impact.
For more information on the Navigator and Validator programs catch up on a recently recorded information session.
An invaluable experience for any emerging entrepreneur or innovator that brings focus and understanding to an already in place business, or ideas in the initial period of contemplation.
Exceeded my expectations. I was grateful that the teaching could be adapted to social enterprises as well as money-making startups.
Learn essential skills
- Develop and refine your impact story
- Articulate and iterate the unique value proposition of your idea
- Identify and validate the potential impact of your idea through the lens of end-users and customers
- Present your idea that's focused on the problem you are solving
Who should attend
- Emerging entrepreneurs
- Established business intrapreneurs
- High-achieving undergraduate students
- Honors, postgraduate and PhD students
- Early and mid-career researchers
What you will experience
Developed to be delivered virtually, this highly interactive part-time 3-day program will see you get hands-on with the various components of exploring the impact potential of your idea or research. You will participate in simulations and work on your own idea under the guidance of an expert facilitator 100% online. Gain strategies and access to tools for identifying and validating the impact of your idea, including:
- Leveraging the experience and skills of yourself and those around you
- Applying tools derived from lean startup, innovation and design thinking
- Understanding how to speak to customers to gain insights
- Progressing your idea towards relevance and value
- Effectively communicating the problem you are solving and the impact of your idea
|Day 1 - Wed 9 December||Day 2 - Thu 10 December||Day 3 - Fri 11 December|
1:30PM - 3:30PM
Emily Chang has led the design and execution of pre-accelerator and acceleration programs in Australia, including CSIRO ON. She is an organisational and capability development professional with experience working across private industry, government and the research sector. Her core strengths are in facilitation, experimental learning program design and management, leadership development and change management.
$990 per person, payable prior to commencement of the workshop.
University of Newcastle staff, students and alumni receive complimentary access to the program.
Applications now open
Applications close: 11:59PM Sunday 15 November 2020
Program runs: 9-11 December 2020.
The workshops and coaching will take place online.
All participants receive a certificate of completion.
The program has a limited number of participants to ensure a personal experience.
Applications are reviewed before offers are made to applicants who can best articulate the problem they are working on.
The University of Newcastle's I2N works with individuals and organisations from across the Hunter region and beyond to turn ideas and challenges into opportunity. As a leading driver of economic and business growth, the I2N cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset that is behind many of the region's most innovative businesses and leaders.
Our programs are more than theory. They are about action and equipping you with practical tools and strategies necessary to have an immediate impact on your innovation journey.