We have a compulsory induction process for all contractors and consultants visiting our facilities.

Before you start work, you must:

  • complete the University Contractor Induction (valid for 12 months)
  • hold a valid Construction Certificate ID (White Card) (if you will be working on a construction site).

Your University project officer or maintenance officer will advise you if you also need to:

  • complete a Restricted Space Induction (valid for 12 months)
  • complete a Low Voltage Electrical Induction
  • complete a local site induction organised by your University project officer or maintenance officer.

Your University of Newcastle project officer or maintenance officer is the University staff member who engaged you to do the work and is your key contact at the University.

Visitors don't need an induction if they are fully escorted by an appropriate officer and the activity is a once-only event of short duration.

All contractors (last update 7th April 2016)

Complete our compulsory online University Contractor Induction.

The LV Electrical and SK Key Induction must be completed by contractors who will be performing electrical work on site; need to access an SK key; and/or will be inducted to receive HV1 or HV2 key.

The Restricted Space Induction, must be completed by any contractor who needs to access any of the University's Restricted Spaces.

You will need to insert the username: newcastle and the password: contractorInduction for contractors

When you have finished, you will be prompted to print your induction certificate. You need to carry this with you at all times.

Drop into the Infrastructure and Facilities Services Office (Services building at Callaghan campus) if you need us to print the induction certificate for you. Here we also print photo ID cards for contractors who require keys and access to buildings.

You also need to complete a site specific induction if you will be working on a restricted or controlled site. Your University project officer or maintenance officer will provide more information.

Cleaning contractors

If you work as a cleaner in laboratory areas, before you start work you are required to complete:

Your University of Newcastle cleaning supervisor will tell you which cleaners' induction is right for you.

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.