Getting around

Campus maps

View our campus maps.


Traffic and parking rules apply to all vehicles brought onto the Newcastle campus (Callaghan), Newcastle City precinct and Central Coast campus (Ourimbah).

You may be eligible for a service parking permit which is required for parking in a designated service parking bay. Service parking permits are valid for the calendar year issued.

The following service parking permits are available:

  • Annual service permit: issued to contractors and service providers who provide a service to the University on a regular basis. The provision of a service permit is to allow contractors to park close to where they are working while accessing equipment from their vehicle. These permits can be transferred between vehicles.
  • Temporary service permit: allows you to park in a service bay for a maximum of 30 minutes (unless officially authorised by Infrastructure and Facilities Services for an extended period). If you are parking for longer than 30 minutes you need to use staff and general parking areas.

How to get a service parking permit

Visit the Infrastructure and Facilities Services Office (in the Services building at Callaghan) with:

  • proof that you have completed the University Contractor Induction
  • information about the service you are providing and the need for a service parking permit.

For general transport and parking information see campus information.

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.