Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program)
This page contains all the information you will need to successfully enrol in your courses at the University of Newcastle. Read through the information below and enrol easily in the correct courses for your program. The Joint Medical Program will be in contact with you by early February regarding your class timetable.
Choosing your courses
As such, your first step in planning your enrolment should be to consult your program handbook and program plan.
- Your program handbook details the rules and structure of your program, including the number and type of courses you need to complete and the maximum amount of time to complete the program. Visit the Bachelor of Medical Science handbook and Doctor of Medicine to view your program structure.
- Your program plan details the structure of your program (degree) and order that you should undertake courses, due to requisites, assumed knowledge and course offerings.
Your program plan is like a map leading you to graduation. It tells you what courses you need to study to complete your program.
You can log in to AskUON to find your program plan. Remember to select the version that matches to the year and semester you commenced studies in this program.
You can also find your Program Plan on your Program Handbook page.
Enrolling in myHub
Course enrolment is done in myHub. The process can be completed in three simple steps:
- Log in to myHub through myUON once enrolment has opened
- Complete your Mandatory To Do List
- Choose your courses for the term in which you are enrolling, adding one course at a time
You can also go back to myHub at any time to check your enrolment and make sure the correct courses are listed.
If you need help at any stage in the enrolment process, first check your program plan, watch one of our relevant help videos, or AskUON. If you can't find an answer to your problem, or need someone to assist you further with your query, there are staff available to help at Student Central.
After you’ve finished the enrolment process, check your program plan to ensure you have enrolled in the correct courses. The Joint Medical Program will be in contact with you in late January regarding your class timetable.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Program Advice team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment drop in help
If you need assistance with your enrolment you can come along and receive help from Student Central staff:
When: Monday – Friday 9AM – 5PM
Where: Student Central locations
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.