The University of Newcastle gives you the opportunity to live and study overseas for either one semester or one year. You remain enrolled and paying tuition at the University of Newcastle and earn credit towards your degree.
Semester exchange programs to choose from
The University has over 100 partner institutions from over 25 countries across the globe. Open to all students from most discipline areas.
Global Engineering Exchange (GE3)
Students studying undergraduate Engineering programs can select from a large range of universities strong in the field of engineering.
The University delivers some of its programs in Singapore (UoN Singapore). This option allows you to continue to study University of Newcastle taught courses while overseas.
- Completed at least 60 units in your current undergraduate program by the commencement of the Exchange or be currently enrolled in a Postgraduate Coursework program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 4.5
- Receive a minimum of 30 units of credit toward your program whilst overseas.
In order to be considered for any of the semester exchange programs, you must submit an application by the following deadlines:
- Semester 1: May (of the previous year)
- Semester 2: October (of the previous year)
Go to the Global Experience Portal for more information and to apply.APPLY NOW
If you are Interested in a generously funded bundle of a semester experience + internship/mentorship + language training, check out the New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.