While studying at our University, you may need to apply for adverse circumstances if an illness or serious circumstance beyond your control prevents or affects your preparation or performance in an exam or assessment.
You can apply for adverse circumstances for either a major assessment or exam (20% or more of your final result) or a minor assessment or exam (less than 20% of your final result).
How to apply
- See the Adverse Circumstances Affecting Assessment Items Procedure and Adverse Circumstances Affecting Assessment Items Policy to check that your reasons for applying are in line with these policies.
- Complete the online adverse circumstance application in myUON and upload your supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate).
- You'll be sent an email for you to check if your application is successful.
Unacceptable adverse circumstances
- misreading the Course Outline or the exam timetable
- usual work commitments
- travel plans
- unawareness of the assumed knowledge requirements for a course.
JMP students need to apply for adverse circumstances through a separate application process: