Excellence in Pharmacy Rural Education and Support (ExPRES) Project
Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer (RPLO) Program
The University of Newcastle Department of Rural Health (UoNDRH) receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing under the Rural Pharmacy Liaison Officer (RPLO) program. The RPLO program is managed by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia as part of the 5th Community Pharmacy Agreement.
The ExPRES project aims to support and strengthen the role of pharmacists in rural communities in the UoNDRH region by helping to develop a strong and resilient rural pharmacy workforce. The project objectives include:
- Increasing exposure of pharmacy students to rural pharmacy and rural health care in general
- Supporting rural pharmacists to provide student placements
- Promoting rural pharmacy as a rewarding career pathway
- Improving access for rural pharmacists to continuing education
- Encouraging interprofessional teamwork between pharmacists and other health professionals.
The ExPRES project receives strong support from both the University of Newcastle and University of New England pharmacy programs.
Click here to access information about rural placements for pharmacy students.