BMG Indigenous Music Industry Scholarship - Creative Industries
03 March 2021
DonorBMG Australia and New Zealand
BMG Australia is the Sydney based office of the international BMG publishing and recording business that spans Europe, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific. Their mission is to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age through offering first-class creative support for their artists. In their Surry Hills loft space, BMG Australia houses 28 employees and offers 2 state of the art production rooms and a one of a kind full-service recording studio. BMG Australia is a playground for creatives looking to play a role in a new future for Australian and New Zealand music on the global stage. BMG’s artist and songwriting roster includes Peking Duk, Dope Lemon, Alison Wonderland, Crowded House, Dune Rats, Golden Features, Winston Surfshirt, CHAII, Hockey Dad, What So Not, Tim Minchin and Julia Stone amongst many others.
For more information, please review the full scholarship Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any Bachelor program in the School of Creative Industries.
- Be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Demonstrate academic progress with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher and maintain this for the duration of scholarship.
- Be enrolled or be willing to enroll in one of the following course codes CIND3500 Professional Placement, CIND3510 Professional Project, CIND3000 Entrepreneurship, MUSI3203 Professional Project, MUSI3442 Engaging in the Music Industry, or CMNS3450 Media Arts Project, DESN3910 Professional Creative Portfolio 20 units (Studio Z), DESN3411 Creative Studio Placement (WIL).
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total financial benefit of $15,000. The scholarship will be paid in two lump sums of $7,500 after the relevant census dates (usually in April and September).
This scholarship also provides opportunity to undertake your Work Integrated Learning course component as a placement with BMG Australia where you will experience the music industry business firsthand.
Both scholarship and WIL component must be taken up in the year for which this scholarship is awarded.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759