* Shaping Futures Scholarships for Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS)
02 November 2021
DonorShaping Futures Scholarship Fund
The Shaping Futures Scholarships for Schools Recommendation Scheme have been established to recognise and support exceptional students receiving an offer to study with the University of Newcastle via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS).
These scholarships provide early assurance of financial support for individuals overcoming adversity to reach their goal of university study, whilst also recognising exceptional effort in high school studies. Up to 20 Shaping Futures Scholarships will be awarded to students receiving an offer of admission via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) in November.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Receive an offer of admission to an eligible program via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) in UAC November Round 1.
- If receiving an admission offer via Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS), have demonstrated outstanding performance in Year 11 commensurate with a final raw ATAR of 85 or higher.
- Have completed a Year 12 Higher School Certificate in the year prior to commencement of the undergraduate program.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4000, to be paid as a lump sum. Payment will be after semester one census date, usually in April.
Selection is based on assessment of the scholarship application and the November Round 1 Admissions offers made via Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS).
Selection of the scholar will be based on academic merit, namely rankings determined during the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) application assessment, and finalised scholarship applications. Student Central scholarships staff will shortlist applicants, based on the approved eligibility criteria and a review of the relevant UAC and/or University records. Recommendations for award will be made for the candidates identified as most in need of support who have also achieved the most competitive results in their Year 11 studies.
If you are applying to university via the Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) and meet the criteria, you will be considered. Please monitor the key SRS application dates listed on the UAC website: https://www.uac.edu.au/key-dates.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.