Glencore Coal Undergraduate Scholarship in Surveying
Glencore Coal has supported scholarships since 2007 to attract students with good academic records to pursue a career in Surveying. The aim of this scholarship support is to provide scholars greater financial independence while completing their program and to encourage students to pursue an education in this field. It is the intention of Glencore to build ongoing relationships with scholars including opportunities for paid work experience and professional networking opportunities during their degree program with a view to scholars being considered for a career with Glencore upon graduation.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
This scholarship is not yet open for 2021. Please log in to the application portal and register interest in this scholarship to receive an email notification when applications open.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of a Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) degree with University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 95 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 for continuing students.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This scholarship is ongoing for up to 3 years provided eligibility is maintained.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of up to $30,000 over the full 3-year tenure. Payment will be in instalments of $5000 each semester after the relevant census dates, usually in April and September.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee will consider prior academic achievement, interest in a career in the relevant industry, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Selection will be made by the Faculty of Engineering Selection Committee which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment. A Glencore representative will be invited to the join the Faculty Selection Committee for this scholarship.
The Selection Committee may choose to interview applicants.
All applicants will be notified of an outcome via email. This will occur within 6 weeks of the scholarship close date.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759