The Bloomfield Group Engineering Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorThe Bloomfield Group
This scholarship has been established by The Bloomfield Group to support Engineering students who are interested in having a career in the coal mining and / or engineering industries.
The Bloomfield Group is Australian owned and operated and has interests in mining and engineering in the Hunter Valley, NSW. In business for more than 80 years, Bloomfield employs over 600 people and operates two open-cut coal mines; Bloomfield Mine at East Maitland and Rix’s Creek Mine, 5km northwest of Singleton, NSW. Coking and thermal coal from the mining operations is railed to Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS) and then exported throughout Asia. Bloomfield is a founding member and current shareholder of PWCS. The company's engineering businesses include Four Mile Engineering at East Maitland and Kings Engineering in Rutherford. The group also has equity positions in companies specialising in renewable energies, recycling and biofuel production.
The successful recipient of the scholarship may be offered the opportunity of paid vacation work with The Bloomfield Group.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 2nd year or above in B Engineering (Mining Trans Program), B Mechanical Engineering (Hons), B Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons), B Civil Engineering (Hons) or B Surveying (Hons) in Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate that your ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by areas of educational disadvantage such as experiencing financial hardship and/or regional or remote disadvantage.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship is ongoing for 1 year of eligible study, with a total value of $4,000 paid as $2,000 after the semester 1 and semester 2 census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.