Glencore Coal Undergraduate Scholarship in Engineering
06 March 2019
Glencore Coal has supported scholarships since 2007 to attract students with good academic records to pursue a career in Engineering. The aim of this scholarship support is to provide scholars greater financial independence while completing their program and to encourage students to pursue an education in this field. It is the intention of Glencore to build ongoing relationships with scholars including opportunities for paid work experience and professional networking opportunities during their degree program with a view to scholars being considered for a career with Glencore upon graduation.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honours) or Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, UON.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 95 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 for continuing students.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your academic achievements to date, career aspirations in the relevant area of study/research, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- Any documents which support the claims in your written statement, such as a reference, proof of volunteering and community activities, club membership, articles and publications etc.
TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
An annual amount of $10,000 will be paid as two lump sums of $5,000, after the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
The scholarship is ongoing for 3 years with a total benefit of $30,000 provided ongoing eligibility is maintained.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759