Glencore Coal Undergraduate Scholarship in Engineering
06 March 2021
Glencore Coal has supported scholarships since 2007 to attract students with good academic records to pursue a career in Engineering. The aim of this scholarship support is to provide scholars greater financial independence while completing their program and to encourage students to pursue an education in this field. It is the intention of Glencore to build ongoing relationships with scholars including opportunities for paid work experience and professional networking opportunities during their degree program with a view to scholars being considered for a career with Glencore upon graduation.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of a B Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Hons), Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons), or a Bachelor of Mechatronics Engineering (Hons).
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 95 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 for continuing students.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
An annual amount of $10,000 will be paid as two lump sums of $5,000, after the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
The scholarship is ongoing for 3 years with a total benefit of $30,000 provided ongoing eligibility is maintained.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.