Glencore Coal Undergraduate Scholarship in Engineering
Glencore Coal has supported scholarships since 2007 to attract students with good academic records to pursue a career in Engineering. The aim of this scholarship support is to provide scholars greater financial independence while completing their program and to encourage students to pursue an education in this field. It is the intention of Glencore to build ongoing relationships with scholars including opportunities for paid work experience and professional networking opportunities during their degree program with a view to scholars being considered for a career with Glencore upon graduation.
This scholarship is not yet open for application in 2020.
Please check back later in the year or, if you are applying for scholarships, register your interest in this scholarship to receive email notification when it opens.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Honours) or Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) in the Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, UON.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate high academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 95 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 for continuing students.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
An annual amount of $10,000 will be paid as two lump sums of $5,000, after the semester 1 and semester 2 census dates.
The scholarship is ongoing for 3 years with a total benefit of $30,000 provided ongoing eligibility is maintained.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759