Hartley Exchange Studies Scholarships
06 March 2020
DonorProfessor Kelver Hartley Bequest
These scholarships were established from the estate of the first Professor of French, Professor Kelver Hartley, at the University of Newcastle to promote the study of French and to assist students in this endeavour. Funding is derived from the Hartley Bequest administered by the executors, the Perpetual Trustees.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the second or third year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled in FREN3610 and/or FREN3701, and have previously completed FREN2620 or FREN3620 or equivalent.
- Be accepted as an exchange student for a semester at the University of La Rochelle, France.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 or higher in your current program.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides $5000 to assist with cost of exchange studies in France.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of academic merit, including performance in French courses, and assessment of application and supporting documents against the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759