Port Waratah Coal Services Business Scholarship
DonorPort Waratah Coal Services Ltd
This Scholarship was established by Port Waratah Coal Services to support undergraduate students at the University of Newcastle studying the Bachelor of Business program. This scholarship will be awarded to applicants in their first or second year of study in select programs with the Faculty of Business and Law. Successful scholars may be offered the opportunity to undertake (10) weeks of paid Summer Vacation work at Port Waratah in the period December to February following award of the scholarship.
This scholarship is not yet open for application in 2020.
Please check back later in the year or, if you are applying for scholarships, register your interest in this scholarship to receive email notification when it opens.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st or 2nd year of an undergraduate degree on campus at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Business (including combined programs).
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement either by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 for continuing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously completed an Australian undergraduate degree program.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $7,000 per year, to be paid as a lump sum following semester 1 census date.
The scholarship is ongoing for up to 3 years of study with a total maximum benefit of $21,000, provided eligibility is maintained.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of assessment of the required written statement and the application against eligibility criteria, academic merit, and performance at an interview, if required.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759